As the name itself suggests the living room, in essence, reflects the living area that is the house itself. While some may complain that their living room isn’t large enough to give that piquant feel but there is always a scope for better organization. The trick lies in identifying the spots that are not being utilized and bringing the maximum out of the provided space. It is not necessary that one has to splurge to get the best out of a room check out the budget ideas for the playroom.
1. If you think you are short on space well, think again because have you ever thought about the space above the doorway in your living room. One great idea is using this much-underappreciated space to provide the necessary space for various items. Maximize the space around the doorway and other inconspicuous spaces to get the best out of your living room.
2. If the waste and trash in your living room hamper the shine and other features of the room you might want to consider using wastebaskets, however, depending on what you use them for they might get smelly so one can use trash cans with a lid or deodorizing cans.
3. The living room’s proportion , also effects the organizing strategy which will suit one, a snug living room demands use of coffee table not in the center as it would obstruct the entrance of the room so one can use the window recess to place a low coffee table without compromising the floor space.
4. The flat surfaces in the living room tend to get more cluttered with papers and books as the living is a kind of information center where every member of the family gathers. So as to keep the surfaces clean and clutter free one can use two drawers lateral file however if you don’t have much floor space one can use stackable file cart and try to keep all the papers in files rather than on the coffee table.
5. Some rooms have corners or angled corners and if this happens to be the case with your living room, it can compromise your living room’s ambiance. Bespoke bench seating and other custom seating options can be leveraged upon and the sloping roof or angled corner can be used to one’s advantage. Shallow spots pose the problem of not being able to use full height cupboards in these spots slip alcoves come to the rescue and add to ambiance and functionality as well.
6. The placement of TV in the living room seems to be a tricky affair when most of the people tend to hang the TV on an unadorned wall if your living room has some space limitations a better idea would be to go with the framing of your TV in the shelf area. Different shelves along with offering multiple storage options can also help to blend a TV in the room scheme.
7. Utilizing the areas often ignored is key to getting the best out of your living room not only in terms of functionality but it also helps in improving the ambiance, take for example the unutilized space behind the sofa, this space can be used for picture ledges and for displaying books, accessories, and art. For a family that tends to play games together allocate a separate game cabinet and space as this helps in freeing up the other spaces.
8. For those people who love to have houseplants around the house, the living room can become a jungle if left unorganized, so get a decorative plant stand and arrange the houseplants carefully they generally do best in corners and tiered locations.
The best way to organize your house be it your kitchen , living room or any other room is to analyze the space in the room and to utilize the wasted space or the unconventional spots to place your collectibles or other elements. Walls can be used for painting and picture collages, keep on experimenting with the furniture and the seating arrangement so as to get the one that blends with the room scheme.